Each year since 1986, we have had the Chili Relleno Fest. A work associate
grabs a couple burlap sacks full of fresh Hatch green chilies from his hometown
in NM, we choose a weekend, we line up at least four grills and roast chilies
for hours. We choose the most choice of the roasted ones and make trays and
trays of chili rellanos to be either devoured instantly or bagged up and frozen
for excellent work lunches over the next year.
These get togethers are much more sedate these days that they were back in the
day (it typically was 24 hours roasting, eating, and drinking…two days to
recover…hehe).

AZBob

Sent from my iPhone