We have had a Cuisinart for lingerie than I can remember. It has wide slots
and can toast bagels and "Texas Toast". It does a good job, fairly even
toasting.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 10:46 AM Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> We have been using a Breville toaster for several years but are becoming
> disenchanted with Breville due to the failure of some other Breville
> appliances.
>
> The Breville is acting up and my wife bought an Oster but is unhappy
> with it. It only wants to toast one side of the bread. Reading up on
> this suggests that is a new style known as cafe style.
>
> She wants it to toast both sides without having to remove and flip the
> bread.
>
> What are you folks using, and does it toast both sides of the bread. The
> Breville did that fine.
>
> And yes, I know they have a bagel function and no, it is not on. If you
> google this question about one sided toasting you get lots of
> suggestions that it is not the fault of the toaster but we don't think
> that to be true in our current situation.
>
> My wife is about to order another Breville if I don't come up with a
> reasonable alternative.
>
> I did try to take the Breville apart as I suspect that I know what is
> wrong but they obviously do not want you to work on them. I have a set
> of oddball screwdriver doodads with splines and holes to fit over pins
> etc but they won't work on this toaster. Don't know if it is some
> oddball size or ?? It appears to be like a hex key with a pin in the
> middle but none of my selection worked. I may try drilling them out but
> by then SWMBO will have obtained another one. We already broke the
> plastic handle on the arm that you push down to lower the bread. Could
> be glued back on I guess.
>
> BTW - today is our 49th wedding anniversary.
>
> Randy

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!