My F150 owners manual says 7 years, then replace regardless of miles. Our
truck spends most of the time in the garage and only has 19,000 miles, so
I'm going to go 10 years, then look at them closely.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 1:46 PM dan penoff.com via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I would agree with Greg. Since Dad was in IL most of the time, I suspect
> the sidewalls are in good shape. I would inspect them closely for cracking,
> and if they look good, don’t worry about it at this point.
>
> -D
>
> On Aug 9, 2022, at 1:46 PM, greg via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com
> <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:
>
> I would say that climate conditions are a critical factor. Heat and UV are
> the primary enemies. I would think a truck stored outdoors in AZ would age
> tires much faster than here in the PNW.
>
> I would certainly inspect closely for signs of heat/sunlight damage.
>
> Greg
>
> My â?~05 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 SLT 5.9 Cummins  has 60K mile Michelins on it
> that were made third week of 2016. Between my dad I there have been 40k
> miles put on them. They are wearing well.
> When do I need to get nervous about the straight up age of the tires?
> Citing that data should I be concerned taking off for a roadtrip to
> Colorado on those tires?
>
> AZBob
>
> Sent from my iPad

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!