I know nothing of these setups, other than to say that I had a BMW 3 series as
a rental this past weekend that had that infernal “shut off the engine at every
stop” feature which I was able to disable, thank goodness.

As for a special battery because they do this, I’m calling BS. I have often
wondered if it’s harder on the battery and starter in cars with this feature,
or if the starter is somehow re-engineered because of the much higher duty
cycle.

-D