Were your parents more wealthy than I thought, or was Sanibel a lot cheaper back then? The guy I quoted has a nice if virtually unused house there, occasionally parks his 87' boat at the dock and I don't think it's the biggest dock in the neighborhood.

On 2022-09-27 18:23, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
Having spent a fair amount of time at my parent’s former house on
Sanibel, if Ian goes over Sanibel and Captiva there won’t be much left
when it’s gone. My folks owned a place on Sanibel from the late 1960s
until the early 80s. They bailed because it was getting too
commercialized - in other words, they were letting too many people
over the bridge.