I ran my HF scope down there and I can see where it comes out. I did discover
the vent line (or what I assume is the vent line, that goes from the bottom of
the tank on the outside and goes inside at the top, appears to go into sort of
a rectangle like deal in the top of the tank. From there it has lines inside
the tank coming out each side and I’m not sure where those go. What I’m
assuming is the return line that is plugged appears to go inside the tank
toward the sump, but I can’t tell where it comes out. There appear to be 3 hard
lines running along the top of the tank and I’m not sure where they go or what
they are for. For all I know that line does not end at the sump but could be
one of these lines. I have discovered these tanks are a lot more complex than
meets the eye.

I went out to the bone yard and pulled a speedo cable out of a 124 that did not
have an engine in it, so the inner cable just pulled right out. I hooked that
to my drill and it got to the spot and stopped dead almost like it’s hitting
metal. Same as the wire, it also felt and sounded like it was hitting metal.
Perhaps the line takes another turn at the sump and that is what I could not
get past. I kept squirting carb cleaner and running the drill with the speedo
cable in it. Honestly it didn’t feel like it was doing much, but perhaps it was
and did didn’t seem like it. After spending all day on it, I squirt some more
carb cleaner in it to let it sit until next weekend. It almost sounded as if it
was flowing somewhere. I applied some more air and sure enough somehow I’m
getting air thru. Possible success. After the tank sits and the coating dries,
I will see if I can flush the lines out then wash the tank out with water and
to check it for lead. The inside of the tank looks great tough.

Next week I hope to get it back in the car and need to blow the lines out
before hooking them back up. I got to thinking that hopefully the injectors and
fuel distributor is not all fubar. If so, I’m not really sure if it’s worth
proceeding with.

Sent from my iPhone