I have a Greenworks 16" 40V saw that I bought some 5-6 years ago. I was unsure about how good it would work but I'm convinced that I'm not going back to gas. I even went and bought the string trimer and pole saw all of them use the same batteries. When I bought them all came with a battery and charger so I have extra chargers and batteries. At 73 I find that even now the two 4AH and two 2AH batteries will last for about 3/4 hour of cutting. after that I am ready to go inside and sit down and let the batteries charge because I've cut enough wood to last for the next month of the cold season down here in the Gainesville area of Fl. We heat entirely with wood so it is a goodly pile that will require splitting but I tend to leave that for later. Kind of done in with cutting by then. Really like the saw and I have replaced the bar a couple of times and worn out 3-4 chains with resharpening in the years I've had it. Still works good.

Manfred

Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
Has anyone bought an electric chain saw? I have a gas powered one but I use it very little, and when I do need to use it, the damn thing requires a lot of hassle to get it started. Usually because I fail to drain the gas out of it. I guess since I never know when I am going to use it, I should drain the gas each time. Last year I needed to use it but could never get it to start and run. I am sure the carb needs to be cleaned out, or replaced. Due to infrequent use, perhaps I should buy an electric one?