> Biggest issue is the SRS light that won't go off - this was the first
> Mercedes with an airbag.

I had that on my 107.  Turned out to be bad capacitors for the boost power
supply,
which was external in the earliest systems.  In my case, it was upside down,
near
the top release handle, and had filled with water and corroded the capacitors
away.

Two replacement capacitors and the airbag system was happy again.  These are
classic aluminum electrolytic capacitors, of large-ish size, and they're not
known
for their longevity.

This is the system that's intended to ensure that there is sufficient power to
fire
the squibs, even if the car's power has already failed.  Check your car's
schematic.

Of course, there's lots of other potential causes.  That's just one that's not
obvious.

-- Jim