Ok, went back to the outdoor store and bought up their supply of
isobutane/propane mixtures (4 cans), but I still need to figure out the best
way to

On 6/27/06, Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am using autofrost, works great.  You have to have a license to buy it
though.  Forget doing any AC work unless you have a vacuum pump and
guages at the min.

Curt Raymond wrote:

> Has anybody ever gotten a shop to use one of the alternate
refridgerants? I'd like to use Autofrost but don't have the space or tools
(no vacuum pump and more importantly nowhere to plug it in) to do it myself.
I'd like to find somebody who could do it, I'd pick up the AutoFrost and
have somebody else to do the work. Even better would be somebody who'd let
me help so I could see how its done.

>   -Curt
>
>   Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:10:58 -0400
> From: "Scott Ritchey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Do any shops in the NW do R12 A/C service anymore?
> To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>

> But also consider an alternative like Envirosafe ES12a, see
> http://autorefrigerants.com/.  This is probably a DIY solution.  I
> tried
> ES12a recently and was very pleased. They also sell hoses that connect
> the R12 low side as well as a dryer product and little gizmos to check
> AC
> oil quality/quantity.  I haven't tried their sealer products.  There
> are
> other refrigerants, like Freeze 12 but I haven't tried them.  They have
> kit with 3 cans and a hose for $70 as I recall.  No need to change the
> oil
> (stay with mineral oil) and the pressures are same or lower than R12,
> both
> are big advantages in my mind.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 420SEL, 87 300SDL,
  85 380SE, 85 300D, 84 190D 2.2, 83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D,
  76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 73 280SEL 4.5, 72 250C, 69 250
http://www.striplin.net