Common, even more so in FL. You can get the little “corkscrew” pins and screw
them into it to keep it up.

Springs might be tired, it happens. Check the height on both sides and see if
it’s the same. If not, probably a bad spring. They can break, too. I saw one on
a W140 that the last 3”-4” of the bottom of the spring broke off. Not really
noticeable unless you look closely.

-D