Randy wrote:

> The problem with the small portable generator, is that it may not work when
> you need it. You need to start and run it often to ensure it works and most
> folks will tire of that soon after they get it. I have a portable in the
> shed. I would fire it up spring and fall and let it run a bit. The last time
> I tried, it would not start. Old gas? Likely needs the carb cleaned.

My problem with the little portable was that I could run the refrigerator, a
freezer, a few lights, maybe the TV and not much else. And that required
running extension cords all over the house AND running home from work and
filling it up with gas.

Plus (and this happened after I decided to get a whole house generator) a small
but efficient group of thieves hit my neighborhood a few weeks ago and stole my
generator and my weedeater.  It was my mistake for leaving it in the carport.
Apparently a BUNCH of people had stuff stolen.

Next years home improvement project will be converting the carport into a
garage. It’s plenty long (my 81 Cadillac fits in easily) and it’s plenty wide,
but it needs a garage door.  Have to save up for it.

Donald H. Snook