On Wed, Sep 13, 2023, at 12:07, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:

> The openings were 9'x9' but 9 foot tall doors are tremendously
> expensive. Our builder, who has also been working on the house, shrank
> the openings to 8'x9'. Two doors, installed ran $6500...

A friend was telling me the other day that the "standard size" for sliding
doors (that you might have opening onto your back porch or patio) got smaller
some years ago. So if you go shopping for a new sliding door, you'll find that
you'll need an expensive "custom size" door now, rather than just being able to
buy a standard one. Or you can frame in the opening and then figure out how to
deal with your siding. Most people just use aluminum flashing which works but
is kind of tacky.