You have to get out your vibrating multitool and tape it to the key. It will
eventually shake the cylinder into compliance, or so I’ve heard.

Whenever I get a “new to me” car I always buy new keys. If it’s something like
a W124 or W123 I’ll buy a new ignition lock cylinder as well, which includes a
new key. It’s often cheaper than buying the individual parts.

-D