this is the main point.  on ebay, you need to buy the seller and not the
item.  if a guy has a bunch of nasty feedback, he is a bad vendor.  i usally
won't buy from a high volume seller with under 99% positives.  it's
virtually impossible to get 100% feedback on ebay if you sell a lot stuff
(there will always be the newbie who gives you a negative because they
didn't feel the box you sent it in was brown enough)  on lower volume
sellers, i want to see a history of selling like items (in this case, used
mercedes parts) and any negatives to appear to not be their fault.

if i can't buy the seller to this standard, i don't buy the item.