FBMP has several new-ish Chevy Bolts for under $20k, the depreciation on them
seems pretty brutal, theres a 2019 for $13k. Down more than half in 5 years.

I haven't driven one yet, ought to.

I suspect GM discontinuing them was hard on the value, I bet a lot of people
saw them getting discontinued and don't realize that isn't true anymore...

-Curt

On Wednesday, May 8, 2024 at 04:32:40 PM EDT, Jim Cathey via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> All of us have multiple cars, it'd be just a matter of choosing the other one
> on a day when the electric car doesn't meet your needs.

Exactly.  I have nothing against electric cars.  I am hugely opposed to the fad,
and the ill-considered legislative me-too that's going on.

Something like a used Tesla would work very well as a member of our household,
except that they're outrageously priced.  I hate video games with wheels, and my
wife hates parking outdoors, but somehow I suspect we'd both manage to adapt.
Reality will not be denied.

Ideal one would be older, with the 'lifetime' free charging.  And we'd have to
arrange
to mostly _not_ charge at home in order to take advantage of it, cheapskate
that I am.

Not that we're looking.

-- Jim