While I was typing that message, I got an email from Jeremy at Quest, suggesting that if I use gosmarteyewear.com he'll take personal charge of making sure my order is perfect. I just went there to try to price my lenses, and got hung up at "upload my Rx", wouldn't let me select material and coatings to get the price until I upload.
Will try again when I'm ready to order.
If the price comes out too high I'll contact them and ask them to price-match BestNewGlasses.com. Quest does the lab work for both web sites, but apparently Jeremy has a closer relationship with the owner of go smart.
Mitch.

On 2024-06-12 19:45, mitch--- via Mercedes wrote:
We shall see.
I hope I'm not gullible, and I'm convinced to the point of spending $280 to find out, when I can get HD digital progressives from Costco for $185. (not quite a direct comparison, $280 is MR174 (1.74 refractive index) and $185 is 1.67 high index. I could get 1.67 NAL for $235)

One link I gave is from a professional optician's forum.
In three pages, I saw "I'm skeptical, won't bother to try it", "Jeremy sent my a free demo, and it's better than I expected" and "I've sold ten of these with zero pushback. Progressives have a xx% rejection rate". What I didn't see was a single case of "tried it and it's snake oil" or "tried it and it's no big improvement".
https://www.optiboard.com/forums/forum/optical-forums/general-optics-and-eyecare-discussion-forum/75139-omnilux#post857901

Mitch.