Not quite true.

Medicare Parts A & B cover the diagnosis and treatment of cataracts when it has
been deemed “medically necessary.” That’s the catch. In other words, you’ve
probably got to be close to legally blind before you qualify.

I have droopy eyelids like my Mom did, and they’ve flat-out told me that they
won’t consider corrective surgery until they’re blocking my vision.

-D