On 2024-06-15 22:39, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
Is “monovision” like when they do LASIK and one eye does close and the other dies distance?

That always seemed weird to me.

Yes.
I believe it's intended for people who don't like to wear glasses because they value vanity over seeing properly. Most people get used to it over time. The guy I'm talking about invested in two pair of glasses with high end Carl Zeiss lenses to undo the effects of monovision. But 20 years later he does go without glasses some of the time. Back when it happened, there was a lot of "if you want to go with us, hop in the damn car already" "wait a minute, I just realized I'm wearing my computer glasses. I have to go back in the house and change". His first eye was 20/15 post surgery. If they'd tried to do the same to the other eye he would have been happy, even if it came out 20/30.

Now back to me. My non dominate eye is easily correctable to 20/20, almost good enough for the 20/15 line on the chart. Trying to do a refractive exam on my dominate eye drives me nuts because it never really gets sharp, except momentarily it almost gets good before going bad again. It's not horrible, but I just closed my right eye while typing this and the screen went fuzzy. All the sharpness is coming from my left eye. When I wake up in the morning my vision is blurry and then gradually clears up. I finally figured it out just now, it clears up when my left eye takes over.