I like that idea, Grant!

I flew a lot of miles on 727s over the years. Great solid aircraft, definitely
noisy in the rear, but otherwise a great ride for the time. I flew on one of
the last Eastern Airlines 727 flights out of Atlanta in December of 1990. There
had been some outbound delays, and nearly everyone going to Milwaukee that
evening had made it onto an earlier flight that had been delayed and had open
seats. I sat in the gate area with one other guy, cleary a businessman like
myself. They called the flight, we both stood up, looked around, and asked the
counter person, “Are we it?”

“Yes, you’re it, fellas. First class to Milwaukee tonight?”

So we flew in first class on this otherwise empty 727, deadheading to Milwaukee
because the aircraft had to be there for a later flight. Four or five flight
attendants and the two of us, we took turns playing euchre and drinking scotch.
One of the best commercial flights I've ever had.

-D