of different mounts they supply). I have exchanged mounts for a 601.91
engine into a 602.91 car and the results were not ideal.

Lighter mounts onto a heavier engine, not too surprised that
might not work too well.  But these would be 603 mounts onto
a 602.  If there's a remote chance they'll work I may try it.
They are, after all, just sitting down in the wagon looking at
me, begging for removal.  The engine is sitting in the hatch,
working space under what's left of the hood is excellent.
I suppose they could hardly be worse than what's there
right now, all I'm wasting would be my time.  Got lots of
that right now, but no money to spare.

The 601 mounts in the parts car are different looking, and
not something I'd want to try.  And the U-Pull 201 is a 190E,
don't know if those'd work, even if they were good.

You check the mounts by measuring the distance from the frame to the
mount in the slot on the underside of the mount with the weight of the
engine on the mount. It must be 13 mm (I use 1/2") or the mount has
started to collapse and should be replaced. The construction is such
that once they start to fail (drop to less than 1/2"), they completely
fail very quickly.

I need to do that.  Sigh, more heavy greasy work.  I _hate_ that
stuff.

-- Jim