Mike Canfield wrote:

> My friends wife just hit a deer in her new Beetle.  Held up VERY well.
> 30MPH= a dent in the front of the hood and a broken headlight adjuster.  No
> other damage at all.

I took a deer right between the headlights in a Plymouth Horizon at 70mph.
Wrapped the radiator around the engine and the hood was up against the
windscreen. I had to buy a used grill, radiator and hood hinges and
a new distributor cap to repair it, and the hood is still slightly
warped. Probably cost me $80 to repair the car.
My dad took a deer out at 35mph in his old Dakota, had to replace the
fog lights.
Mitch.