Just for SaG, I soldered in bridges for those broken traces to see if I
could temporarily resurrect this thing, but it still didn't work.  The burnt
looking resistor registers continuity across, but since it's so discolored,
I can't tell by its banding whether the resistance values are correct.  I
have neither the cranial capacity, nor equipment to run any further tests,
so this sucker's toast as far as I'm concerned.