  Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 09:16:59 -0500
From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Small Diesel PU
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

I can assure you that people who like their big american trucks will
most likely not be interested in a toyota.  As it stands now, people
are
really big into "their" brand, Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.  I just dont see
those type of people going foreign

Curt Raymond wrote:

> Thats exactly the attitude that got the big 3 automakers into the
position they're in today.
>   I think the magic would actually be a 3/4 ton pickup gas or diesel.
I think the larger boat and construction type of people have kept away
from Toyota pickups so far just because of the lack of a real heavy
duty truck.

>   That said years ago when I worked at a Boy Scout camp we had an
early T100 (this would have been '93 or so) and we beat the piss out of
it. It was regularly loaded with 3/4 to 1 ton of all the crap it takes to
make a camp work and it never winced.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 420SEL, 87 300SDL,

From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Aug 08 15:48:13 2006
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 11:48:04 -0400
From: Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt Raymond wrote:
> Price a '99 Taurus vs a '99 Camry the Toyota just doesn't lose value the way
> the Ford does.

But the Camry likely sold for list or within $500 of it. The Taurus sold for
thousands less, unless the original owner was an idiot.
How much do you lose in 7 years from new street price to used with each?