The toyotas aren't a bad choice for people who just want to be seen in a truck and haul bicycles around, but for serious work, they are rated too close to their limits . Americans are used to TRUCKS that you can overload way beyond sanity and not hurt them. I've known a few guys who were die hard toyota fans and tried to use them as construction trucks and quickly tired of having to repair suspension parts and beds that dent if you look at them wrong, especially at the prices that those parts go for ( we put a steering link on one that ran near $400 cheapest that could be found and the truck only had about 65k miles on it, same type part on a 1 ton ford would run $60 tops and rarely needs changing before 200k or more )They've all moved on to 'mercan trucks.

It's not just feeling tough and roomy, the darn things have to be able to cram 4 or 5 hands in the front seat and stuff 5 times the rated capacity on the back without the thing folding before farmers are going to buy them :-)

--------Robert

Donald Snook wrote:
Kaleb wrote: "I can assure you that people who like their big american trucks will
most likely not be interested in a toyota.  As it stands now, people are

really big into "their" brand, Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. I just dont see those type of people going foreign"
I think you are absolutely correct.  I think Toyotas are great cars
although they lack the soul of many other imports.  But, I don't believe
until Toyota changes the design of its pickups A LOT, the traditional
Chevy or Ford guy will buy a Toyota.  I think the T100 and the Tundra
are nice enough trucks, but they still feel midsized.  I don't know
whether it is the upright seating or the dash or what, but a full size
chevy or Ford feels much roomier than even the biggest Toyota (Sequoia).
Until a Toyota can feel as tough and roomy as a Chevy or Ford, farmers
aren't going to buy them.
Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 129K