I like your idea of using the stabilizer foot as a crushing force though.

Really works slick, when it works at all.

And yes, Mitch is right - you have to get the opposing bead pulled in and
sitting down in the middle trench to make any headway.

Also absolutely imperative to start removing the tire on the side
that the wheel's well is closer to, I can tell you that!

This morning I painted the insides of the recipient rims and removed
the two 'good' tires from the wheels I got at the yard.  The beads
broke right loose and the tires practically fell off by themselves,
when compared to the proctology-fest that was yesterday's experience
with old and rotten wheels/tires.

Two long spoons, a Unimog, and a spray bottle of Simple Green is
what you need.  Oh, and wheels that are smooth inside and tires that
still have life left in the rubber.  If it's supposed to be this
easy then it isn't bad at all.

I broke early for breakfast in order to give the paint time to dry.
We'll see how installation goes afterwards.  Seating the bead with my
small compressor may be a problem.  Fortunately I helped the neighbor
wire up his big shop compressor the other day, we'd been talking about
my doing this job and it prompted him to finally do it.  (He's the one
borrowing the trailer that has the bad tires.)

And I suppose there's always spray ether and a match!

-- Jim