I have a nice coats machine.

Rich Thomas wrote:

I saw in the Harbor Freight email ad some kind of tire changing machine for $30, have no idea how it works, but it appears to be maual (or you could go down to the local llanteria and have Manuel do it).

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=34542

--R

Jim Cathey wrote:

I'm trying to put a pair of decent U-Pull tires on my car
trailer.  (MB content: it usually is one riding on it.  Also,
I've got a spare tire issue on one to sort out.)  The part of
this job that went well was the bead breaking.  I used one of
the Mog's crane stabilization pods to step on it.  Slick.  I
thought I had a good set of tire irons, but once I started
trying to use them I found that one is some kind of a
truck rim prybar, and that I was missing a second spoon.

So I got out a heavy steel spike (construction debris) and the
blacksmithing goodies and made a second spoon.  (And boy, are
my arms tired!  Ba-da-boom!)

I started on the worst of the bad tires, and after a whole lot
of fooling around determined that there is a right and a wrong
side of the tire to dismount first.  Soapy water for lubrication
is also critical.

Having gotten one tire off (of four) I went in for breakfast.
Hungry, tired, and with a sore arm.

Gosh, this is fun!  Gotta get a job so I can afford to send
crap like this to the folks with the nice Coats machines...

-- Jim