And some days, not so much.  Finally got a chance to finish
up the job, and the two 'new' tires just popped onto the
newly-painted wheels quite easily.  A little bit of practice,
the right hand tools, and decent components makes quite a
difference.  Took about an hour, including mounting the
things on the trailer and cleanup.

No trouble seating the beads, they just popped into place.
I didn't really have to do anything more than apply air to
the stems.  I'm sure that varying rim widths, etc, could
affect that.  Soapy water sprayed on the beads showed no
leaking, we'll see how they hold air over time.

The trailer's spare is now mounted vertically, being held
against the front rail by the tongue-mounted hand winch,
its hook looped through a lug hole.  Lying on its side on
the deck out in the weather is what had ruined the old one
to the point where it would no longer hold air, yet wouldn't
come off the rim either.  Vertically, the water will drain
out of the bead areas.

-- Jim