Or maybe just keep house keys on the car rings.....Can't drive away from the house and leave behind the house key that way.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "BillR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] *sigh*

Curt - When I had four kids at home, 2 with an inability to hold onto a key,
I went to a digital lock setup.  First one was electric, and didn't last too
long [burned up the batteries when the rainy season swelled the door a bit],
but the second one is manual and had been going strong for two years when I
sold the house.  New one I put in up here has been perfect for a year and a
half.  5 digit/letter combination that you can reset, and no more worries
ever about lost keys.  Works for me, and now I wouldn't be without it.  I
think I found this last one on eBay for about $50.  No serious problems to
install.  After two years of pushing the same keys you could not tell which
ones were used.  Good design.
BillR