1987 300D turbo
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Oct 02 17:07:58 2006
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:07:39 -0700
From: David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
        running on the system "ringbill.gull.us", has
        identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
        has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or
        label similar future email.  If you have any questions, see
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] for details.
        Content preview: ernest breakfield wrote: > yikes! you'd subject your
        car
        to a *carwash*?! then again, if you're > drilling directly into the
        bumper, you may be holding yours to a > different level of
        Aesthetics,... ;-) > > i turned down cars when i was shopping for my
        300D because of the > damage that was obviously done to them by
        carwashes,... > [...]
        Content analysis details:   (-4.7 points, 5.0 required)
        pts rule name              description
        ---- ----------------------
        -3.3 ALL_TRUSTED Passed through trusted hosts only via SMTP
        -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
        [score: 0.0000]
        1.2 AWL AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list
> yikes! you'd subject your car to a *carwash*?! then again, if you're
> drilling directly into the bumper, you may be holding yours to a
> different level of Aesthetics,...     ;-)
>
>       i turned down cars when i was shopping for my 300D because of the
> damage that was obviously done to them by carwashes,...

I wouldn't subject a car that had good paint to a carwash, unless it was
the touchless variety.  But this car was a total beater.  Rust
everywhere.  Dents.  Door dings.  It was well beyond the point where a
carwash could make it worse.