"Catch strap" or door check is currently out of the car having just last week replaced the door seal.

Bob R

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cold Drivers Door Hard to Close

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 07:54:50PM -0700, Bob Rentfro wrote:
Every "winter" (I, of course, use that term loosly by back east brothers) my drivers door becomes difficult to close. I almost have to slam it shut when temps get below 50 or so. Now it is even more difficult just having replaced the door seal. When it's warm out, it closes fine. What's this nonsense? Is there a means to adjust the door? I have a new striker assembly lying around...should I replace the old one?

Catch strap starting to get tired perhaps? Grease is more viscous as
temperature drops.