I reckon I'll change it out if the the squirt of lube doesn't do the trick.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fmiser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 2:21 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cold Drivers Door Hard to Close

rumor has it that Bob wrote:

Every "winter" (I, of course, use that term loosly by back east
brothers) my drivers door becomes difficult to close. I almost have
to slam it shut when temps get below 50 or so. Now it is even more
difficult just having replaced the door seal. When it's warm out, it
closes fine.  What's this nonsense? Is there a means to adjust the
door? I have a new striker assembly lying around...should I replace
the old one?

Not that temp as anything to do with it, but one of my cars, I had a
door that required a healthy slam to get it shut. Testing with spare
parts showed that it was not the latch on the door itself like I first
thought, but the strike on the door jam.

So based on my _one_ experience, I'd try that first - and it's a lot
easier to get at than any other part of the latch assembly!

-- Philip, in the snow