rumor has it that Bob wrote:

> Every "winter" (I, of course, use that term loosly by back east
> brothers) my drivers door becomes difficult to close. I almost have
> to slam it shut when temps get below 50 or so. Now it is even more
> difficult just having replaced the door seal. When it's warm out, it
> closes fine.  What's this nonsense? Is there a means to adjust the
> door? I have a new striker assembly lying around...should I replace
> the old one?

Not that temp as anything to do with it, but one of my cars, I had a
door that required a healthy slam to get it shut. Testing with spare
parts showed that it was not the latch on the door itself like I first
thought, but the strike on the door jam.

So based on my _one_ experience, I'd try that first - and it's a lot
easier to get at than any other part of the latch assembly!

--         Philip, in the snow