Whenever I've gone to the Apple store, I've been the worst customer possible
(no appointment, looking for parts they don't have, etc), and they've been
infinitely polite, knowledgeable, and helpful.

As for reliability, I've had 4 mac laptops (b/c I get tired of them and go
through them like I do cars) and none has had any problems that needed
repair.  My one issue with my 12" powerbook was that one of the rubber feet
fell off and I couldn't find it.  Even after I dropped it off my bed and
bent the power cord prong, after bending it back into shape it was as if
nothing happened.  Durable AND good looking.