Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:37:05 -0500
From: "Werner Fehlauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Washington State (was: rear exhaust hanger
 question)
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

The folks in the Pacific Northwest are like any others - treat them
like you
want to be treated, and you'll get along just fine.  Living in NE
Tacoma for
3 years, we found the "locals" all to be as nice or better than we've
seen
anywhere in the USA - and we all laughed at the tongue-in-cheek
comments
about immigrants from other states.
There was always the unwritten law though that insisted that "it rains
all
the time" in Seattle, to discourage too much of an inclination to
attract
newcomers.  In actuality, New York City gets more rainfall every year,
although over less days (average).  What people don't realize is that
Washington has not only high desert that requires irrigation to produce
crops, but also has desert and rain forest conditions on the Olympic
peninsula.  The neat part is that most years, there are flowers and
green
grass, and little snow to bother with for any long periods.
Now if you want a bit of snobbery (flame suit on), take a good look at
the
old New England states, where if you didn't get your feet wet while
climbing
off the Mayflower, you are just a "newbie".

Werner

http://mail.yahoo.com