I like that Maine humor.  It's the only other state I could imagine living
for an extended period.  Obviously, that wouldn't make me a native, nor even
welcome.

I constantly give my wife grief because she was born in Virginia, yet claims
to be a WA native.  She moved out to Seattle at age three months.