Which of course bodes poorly for the used car buyer.

You know, I was just thinking as I walked the dogs that I wish that the two
classic autos that we have now could last the rest of my life. I'm pretty
much satisfied, though they both could use a boost in power, and better fuel
mileage.

Unfortunately, the Saab will need to be sold if we do in fact move this
summer/fall. The 240D is coming with us. Both of them happen to have manual
trannies and windows and, I believe, manual climate controls. And both are
known for longevity.

I just wonder, with such spartan vehicles getting more and more rare with
the passing of time (owing to attrition), what the used car buyer will be
faced with down the road. Seems like now may be the prime time to get a
simple car.

Brian
83 240D

Werner wrote:
For the typical new car buyer in the USA, it doesn't matter much since they
will probably get rid of the car in 3 years or less.  But for people who are
looking for maximum engine life, a proper break-in is a good idea (snip)