Curt Raymond wrote:
Well it looks as though it may be no big deal. I reseated the cap this morning and
tonight when I got home I got the "woof" inrush of air that I didn't get this
morning opening the cap.
To be safe I'll buy another seal for the cap from Rusty on Monday. I might as
well get the replacement vacuum pump I've been putting off (they're spendy)
while I'm at it to save on shipping.

As I think of it I need a new oil cap seal too. Are the two caps the same? They
sure look it...
Is it normal to need a new seal every year? I replaced this one last year as it
was leaking badly, its only leaking a little now but it annoys me. Its the old
style metal cap if it makes a difference.

If you routinely get a "whoosh" then the vent line IS probably clogged and needs to be cleaned out. I've NEVER needed a new fuel seal! I've had to clean out vent lines maybe half a dozen times.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)