I've used them.....And do use them still. But only in conjunction with good jackstands just in case the tin ramp were to buckle for who knows what reason.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Brodbeck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Uh oh - fuel leak

Curt Raymond wrote:
Okay, I had to clean the vent on my 240D, where does the vent land on the 190D? This car is alot less fun to work on, I could pretty well crawl under my 240D while it was sitting on the ground... I'm thinking to get a set of those drive up ramps for stuff like this. Anybody use 'em?

I own a set.  I like them a lot.  I use them whenever I'm doing an
under-car job that doesn't require removing the wheels.  Do make sure
you chock the wheels that are on the ground well so the car can't roll
off the ramps on you.  Chock it against rolling in *either* direction.
People have been hurt or killed when cars rolled off the end of ramps.
I like to give the car a good shake once it's situated to make sure it's
not precariously balanced somehow.