is this at the museum?

tom savage wrote:
I'm going to attempt to resurrect a '65 190Dc in the next week or so. The car is unbelievably clean and all original but hasn't been run in many years. I'm not familiar with these older diesels and have only looked at the car for about five minutes so far but have confirmed that the glow plugs aren't glowing. I'm a real doofus with this electrical stuff, so bear with me.

So... how to test series plugs? Pull them and check resistance/brokenness individually? Or as an easier alternative, maybe check volatage to ground along the glow string with the knob pulled out, and look for voltage to drop to zero at the bad plug/resistor wire? I'm guessing it should drop by about 2.5v (12.6/5) at each plug and the salt shaker thing when working correctly, right? Is there a strip fuse hidden in one of these a la the 617?

Also, does anyone have the valve clearance specs for an OM621?

Many thanks,
Tom