Please file regular progress reports so the list can second guess you, er, I
mean offer trenchant and helpful advice/observations.

On 2/16/07, Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I forgot to mention, as with any diesel where a tank of fuel sits over one
or more summers, there is a very high probability of algae in the
tank.  Before you crank it, put the shock treatment of algicide (Stanadyne
or equivalent) in the tank and mix it in the best you can.  Have a spare
fuel filter cartridge on hand also.  You can change out the filter assy.
with a spin on from a OM 616/617 if you want.  You will probably need to
make up some hoses or get all the hoses of the newer type fir the engine
you robbed the filter housing from if you do  this.

The guys who work on pumps tell me that most pumps don't die from wear,
they die from algae.  If you ever see any black on the innards of an IP or
lines containing Diesel, you need to be using algicide.

110.110 cars are great fun.  Hope you get it running.

If it is a 110.110.10 then the easiest way to get it running is to pull it
(in 4th gear).

At 08:12 PM 2/15/2007, you wrote:
>I'm going to attempt to resurrect a '65 190Dc in the next week or so.
>The car is unbelievably clean and all original but hasn't been run in
>many years.  I'm not familiar with these older diesels and have only
>looked at the car for about five minutes so far but have confirmed that
>the glow plugs aren't glowing.  I'm a real doofus with this electrical
>stuff, so bear with me.
>
>So... how to test series plugs?  Pull them and check
>resistance/brokenness individually?  Or as an easier alternative, maybe
>check volatage to ground along the glow string with the knob pulled out,
>and look for voltage to drop to zero at the bad plug/resistor wire?  I'm
>guessing it should drop by about 2.5v (12.6/5) at each plug and the salt
>shaker thing when working correctly, right?  Is there a strip fuse
>hidden in one of these a la the 617?
>
>Also, does anyone have the valve clearance specs for an OM621?
>
>Many thanks,
>Tom

Loren Faeth