Thanks for all the tips, guys. I didn't get a chance to work on it yesterday, but should be able to get to it in the coming week. I'm hopeful that it won't have any problems with algae. The car has been in climate controlled storage all this time; last spring I revived an '83 300D that had been stored alongside the Finny and had traveled less than 100 miles since 1993. All it took to get it going and running nigh unto perfectly on that ancient fuel was a fresh battery and a turn of the key, so hope springs eternal.

I'll keep you posted on my progess.

Tom