John W. Reames III wrote:
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Marshall Booth wrote:

You NEVER need to use an algaecide as long as you remove ALL water from the fuel tank several times a year and buy quality fuel. Algae can't live unless there is water in the tank. They live in the water - they EAT the fuel.

How do you empty the fuel tank of water? im starting to get condensation in one of them (it is visible as ice on the inside of the fuel cap when I do my mornign fill-up)

If you add a water sequestering agent, each pint usually sequesters at least a pt of water (or more). Most anti-gels do essentially the same thing.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)