From: "andrew strasfogel"
To: "Mercedes Discussion List"
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] nozzle observation (bad pun)

Werner,

That's amazing - how did you learn this?

On 2/19/07, Werner Fehlauer  wrote:
> Just type in "alt 0-2-4-6" for ö; "alt 0-2-5-2" for ü, etc.  That will get
> you past most German words used in these lists!
>
> Werner

---------------------------------
 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Feb 19 19:52:56 2007
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:52:06 -0800 (PST)
From: Christopher McCann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Here are the three digit ones:

  hold ALT while typing:

  142    =Ä
  132    =ä
  154    =Ü
  129    =ü
  153    =Ö
  148    =ö
  137    =ë
  225    =ß

  OR drop the umlaut and put an "e" after the vowel or "ss" for ß...but I like
umlauts.

  Tschö!

  Chris

  P.S. Danke Bob, Meine Hunde sind schönes (grammar breaking down  here)...aber
Sammy ist super-hübsch! Anke ist OK. Sie ist "Wolf-lich".  Ich wolle Sie ein
photo senden...ein Augenblick, bitte.

  Apologies to those who know more German than my limitedly tutored
self-study. 5 years of French in High School and 2 years of Chinese in  College
- GOSH I wish I had done German for all that time!

Bob Rentfro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  I've forgotten how to do the