On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Craig McCluskey wrote:
> Similar on Linux, with the left Winders key mapped to the Multi-key with
> the command,
>               /usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap -e 'keycode 115 = Multi_key'
>

> Type left Winders key, type the accent mark desired (double quote, ", for
> umlaut) and type the letter to be accented. So, ü ä ö, and è é ê (that's
> left single quote, right single quote, and capital-6), and so forth, no
> table needed. ç Ç use comma.

Cool. Like the "Compose" key on the VT's, kinda sorta. I think the VT's
used " for umlaut, ' for acute ` for grave, ^ for circumflex, ~ for tilde
* for ring, c, for cedille, ae, oe, ss, !! for inverted , L- for pound, C-
for cent , Y- for yen (= works for all the currencies), << and >> +- 12 14
(1/2,1/4)... I cant remember them all :).. maybe I should get out the old
beast and fire it up ;)
-j.