From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 2:25 AM
Subject: [MBZ] OT VW Rabbit

Hello fellow MB-ers.  I have an opportunity to pick one up for nothing
since
the owner and his father want it gone from the driveway.  I believe it's a
'78 which would mean that it's a German-made Rabbit not the US or Mexican
models since it has round headlights and the horizontally slotted grill.
The story is that the alt gave out and it wasn't thought of as being worth
fixing.  The car has been sitting for 2 or three years, so the plan is to
set it up with a known good battery, fresh fuel and filters, and see what
happens.  I'm not sure if it needs oil put into the cylinders for added
lubrication for the first few revs before oil pressure can be established,
but it's easy enough to do.  It's straight and has an OK interior, but it
needs a MAJOR MAJOR cleanup.  If it works out, it will be Papa's run
around
town car.  I believe it has a 4 speed manny tranny which could be quite
fun.

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 266K miles, Ursula
1978 VW Rabbit, FNU, LNU.