I've seen a few 504's go up for sale on craigslist from time to time, and I've thought about purchasing one. Some say that the 504 is ugly, but I prefer to call it slightly different. While growing up, there was a neighbor a few houses down who had 4 504's, 3 being Diesels. He and his wife had a '78 and a 79, both Diesel auto sedans, and two 76's, a Diesel wagon and a gasser sedan which had manny trannies. Their daughter drove a 505 Diesel manny tranny that was purchased later. The interiors don't hold up as well as MB's though.

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 267K miles, Ursula