On 4/26/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Zeitgeist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Years ago I knew a guy that had a Renault Alliance.  Based on that
memory, I'd never even think of owning a French car.

    "Renault Alliance scored in worst ratings in "Engine", "Clutch",
    "Driveline", "Engine cooling", "Suspension", "Exhaust system",
    "Automatic transmission" and "Manual transmission" ratings."
                   -- The 1986 Consumer Reports "Annual Auto Issue"

Hm.  Maybe it *looked* good.  Er, no -- it didn't.

I thought the convertible version was kind of cute.  When I was a kid
it seemed like a more exotic Rabbit Cabriolet.

Alex Chamberlain