Curt Raymond wrote:
> Cheez whiz, I can't believe I forgot, its an '85 190D.
>
> Okay barring the fact that I need to flush the cooling system....
>
> When I tested for power I got +12v on BOTH of the wires... Nothing between
> them...
> There is some bodgered wiring in the vicinity of where the wires from the
> clutch come back into the harness over between the powersteering pump and the
> valve cover.
> A mystery brown wire was added in at some point I think to force the A/C to
> come on while the ACC controller was disconnected (plug fell off, I found it
> because I thought the lights were out) this was all pre-me by the way.
>
> I'll dig some more tonight, maybe I'll pull one of the wires and put a ground
> on and see what happens.

If you are measuring the voltage on the pins without disconnecting the
wire from the fan and IF the switch complete the circuit to ground (and
I believe that is the case in the '85 190D), then there WILL be 12V on
both pins except when the switch is closed. Then there will be 12+V on
one pin and less than 1 V on the other.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.