It sure did.  That's what they were called.  Every one I have ever seen
originally came with a steel top.  Soft tops for them were pretty
complicated and quite expensive IIRC.  I had one with the 3 on the floor
as well.  Bushings were pretty well shot in that one....Had to crawl under
and get the linkages right so it would move again every time you tried to
shift it fast.  Would lock right up in between 1st and 2nd.

That old 231V6 was a great engine at everything but economy.......What a
gas drinker!  The 215V8 I put in my blue one was a bit better on fuel and
would go like mad.

That was one of the best Heeps I ever owned.......

Mike