Bilstein only.  Accept no substitute.  A lot like Hewlett-Packard
printers.

There are standard or comfort Bilstein shocks and heavy duty or
for vehicles with stiffer suspensions for countries with bad roads
Bilstein shocks.  There are MBZ part numbers for both kinds.

At least one supplier (www.mercedessource.com) says they
offer both kinds.  I have no doubt that Rusty can do the same
or similar.  .

Get the comfort shocks if you want a ride like original - heavy
duty shocks tend to ride like a jolt wagon.  It took me more
than a few years to learn that, and much dissatisfaction with
several different kinds of new heavy duty shocks on several
different kinds of cars.  Heavy duty shocks are for somebody
besides me.

I finally figured it out on the Benz, and new comfort Bilsteins
work wonders on the ride if your old shocks are kaput.  Duh !

BTW, there is a way to tell if the Benzes say your shocks are
good or no good - it's in Service Manual.   You have to have
the shock off the car to check it.  It's OK (again by the Benzes)
to replace Bilstein shocks by the one. Don't know about mixing
brands on the same axle.

Off topic of shocks - can anyone tell me what the approved
proportions of Zerex G 05 and water are, according to the
Benzes?  My manuals are much too old to speak to that. I
have two new gallons just waiting to be mixed in the approved
proportions.  Thanks.